What is our Mission:
We advocate for policies that empower and compensate customers appropriately--to contribute energy or energy-related services or to manage their energy usage--in a manner which contributes to a more efficient, cost-effective, resilient, reliable, and environmentally sustainable grid.
Who are we?
We are providers and supporters of Distributed Energy Resources, including Demand Response and Advanced Energy Management, united to overcome barriers to nationwide use of demand-side resources.
- Increase awareness of the benefits of distributed energy resources, including advanced energy management and demand response;
- Become both the widely recognized and go-to national resource and the authoritative voice of distributed energy resources;
- Advocate for programs and rule structures that make business sense for customers while meeting the needs of grid operators and utilities;
- Pro-actively intervene with federal and state regulatory and legislative proceedings; and
- Provide tangible, valuable, specific benefits to members.