AEMA Top News:
- 03/26/15 AEMA Testifies in Support of Demand Response Legislation
- 03/20/15 Dallas Morning News: Energy technology firms press state on demand-response
- 03/12/15 AEMA Supports Demand Response Legislation Filed in Texas Legislature
- 03/12/15 Utility Dive: Demand Response Growing in Texas?
- 02/23/15 Advanced Energy Management Alliance Members and Allies Support Supreme Court Appeal for Demand Response
- 02/01/15 California Should Take Better Advantage of Demand Response to Reach Clean Energy Potential
- 01/21/15 Houston Chronicle: AEMA Calls for Demand Response for Consumers in Texas
- 10/30/14 Consumers Could Bear Cost in PJM Proposal
- 10/20/14 Greentech Media Blog: Getting Rid of Demand Response Will Dumb Down the Grid
What are the benefits of demand response?
- Enables more flexibility and resilience for our nation’s electric grid
- Allows a consumer to control energy costs and directly benefit from becoming a resource to the grid
- Increases the overall efficiency of the electric grid, reducing the need for additional generation
- Expands the ability for energy to be managed to the benefit of all participants on the electric grid
- Reduces the need for fossil fuel generation, enabling the electric grid to become more environmentally friendly